No Bake & Munch: Single-Serve Chocolate Chia Pudding

by - Sunday, December 19, 2021


Chocolate in the AM? Yes, please.

Can you believe that this is the last B&M feature for 2021?? And it's not even a baked good haha! I don't know about you but my brain (and my will, to be honest) is slowly shutting down, like it's going on vacation or something. I know I should be in the mood to bake and stuff but honestly, I can't. I did help my mom bake our annual batches of fruitcakes and I'll also probably bake a batch of food for the gods but anything beyond that is pretty much a no-go. Oh well. Guess I AM unconsciously signing off haha!

ANYWAY, I'm here to share with you something I make a couple of times a month: chocolate chia pudding! Not gonna lie, ordinary chia pudding is just NOT my vibe but chocolate chia pudding? I'm obsessed. I mean, who doesn't like having chocolate in the morning?? I know I do and now I'm kind of ~influencing~ you to do the same. This pudding is a bit indulgent, especially in the morning, but it's something that doesn't fail to fill me up and fuel me until lunchtime. I love chia seeds and I put it in everything as much as I can (chia seeds in pancakes are a must!) and this easy peasy pudding is a go-to of mine especially after a workout. 

This pudding is pretty much customizable, starting with the milk. I usually use fresh milk (either full cream, low fat, or no fat) but you can totally use a plant-based milk too. I once used almond milk and it tasted fantastic. Toppings are also whatever you have n your pantry. Instead of strawberries, you can use bananas or blueberries. If you don't have cacao nibs, feel free to add in raisins or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Out of walnuts? Then use toasted cashew nuts or chopped pecan nuts. You can also throw in granola instead!

I also need to add, the amount of milk you add in will depend on the consistency you want. I want a thick pudding so 1/3c + 1 tablespoon of milk is the perfect amount for my chia pudding. But if you want a thinner consistency, then feel free to add in more milk. Again, this'll depend on your preference.

I know we're all indulging this holiday season so I also want to share something indulgent but still relatively healthy. Because, balance, you know. 

Enjoy! 



Single-Serve Chocolate Chia Pudding

2 tablespoons chia seeds

1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup

1/3 cup - 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used 1/3 c + 1 tablespoon to achieve a thick consistency)

small pinch of salt (optional)

toppings of choice (sliced fruits, dried fruits, chopped nuts, etc.)


1. In a container, combine chia seeds, cocoa powder, milk, honey/maple syrup, and salt (if using). Stir until everything is combined.

2. Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator. After about 30 minutes to an hour, check if there are chia seeds that are floating. If there are, give the mixture another mix then let sit overnight (or about 12 - 15 hours).

3. Top mixture with your desired mix-ins. Enjoy!



You May Also Like

0 comments